In this week’s episode of Clean Talk, Kathy Warye, Founder at Infection Prevention Partners, joins us to reveal her experiences as an Infection Preventionist and Healthcare Leader, and to explain how global community safety has come a very long way.
Tune in to hear about a range of topics including:
• Kathy Warye’s professional background and how she got to where she is today
• About Infection Prevention Partners & The Importance of Elevating the Infection Preventionists’ role
• The Importance of Investing in Public Health Laboratories, Technologies, and Institutions
• Kathy’s APIC History & APIC’s evolution to a Patient Safety Organization under her direction
• Nationwide Prevalence Study on MRSA following Chicago Tribe article & the CDC’s Bill Jardice’s findings
• HAI’s & 2010 IP Evangelist – Kathy’s story of achieving Zero HAI’s a decade ago has evolved to the expectations of IPs today
• Today’s De-Prioritization of Patient Safety to Accommodate Labor & Resource Shortages in Healthcare Today
• The rate of MERS-CoV on the Arabian Peninsula
• Predictions For the Future? Will we see another Pandemic in our lifetime?
Kathy Warye is the founder of Infection Prevention Partners, a consultancy committed to advancing strategic initiatives with industry, government and nonprofit organizations to address the elimination of preventable infection, worldwide.
In 2010, she was named one of the “100 Most Powerful People in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare Magazine. Ms. Warye also formerly held the position of CEO for the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) from 2003-2010.